Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DECA - Any guess to when it will be available?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DECA - Any guess to when it will be available?

Well I now have two HD-DVRs and I'm I understand that DirecTv is coming out with a device that will piggyback the Ethernet connection over a SWM capable system thus doing away with seperate hard wired Ethernet connections. I was curious if anyone has heard of this development and when it might hit the streets (if WeaKnees will offer it). I'd rather not wait too long and rather not run wire into my bedroom on the second floor (means I must go through the attic, not fun at all). I'd go wireless (draft n, 300Mbps) but I'm not sure it's reliable for streaming video.

-Joe

We really haven't heard an update on DECA for a while. Sorry.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

That's too bad. I guess I'll go ahead and hardwire the Ethernet, not going to be a fun job but I'll be happy once it's done.

Comment

DIR-825 Success

Well I was able to connect my DirecTv HD-DVR's using two DIR-825 routers. It wasn't that much fun but more fun than running Ethernet cables in the wall and my attic.

I needed to upgrade the two routers (probably could have gone with just one) with DD-WRT firmware. The upgrade is so simple compared to my old WRT54G router (have been using DD-WRT for many years). Once you flash the firmware and setup the router correctly, it works perfectly. Absolutely no dropped signal, no stuttering.

The firmware is still in Beta for the router so I don't know if it will die tonight or if there will be some quirks later.

I will run hard lines to the IRDs eventually but this means I can take my sweet time.

I think the DECA will be the way to go for future installations, once DirecTv comes out with that solution.

-Joe

Comment

Working...
        X