New download issues for HD receivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New download issues for HD receivers

I have Directv HR-24 DVR with many tv's (6) connected to all the video output jacks. Some SD (3) thru video distribution amp, 1 s-video, 1 component video projector and 1 Sony Bravia HDMI connection.

The new download from Directv that took place a few weeks ago has now changed the output to automatic detection of connected tv's. My problem is I watch the Sony HDMI tv the most and want the HD signal not to change everytime I shutoff the tv and watch one of the other tv's. The real issue is they put a big white solid box with the info status that the connected tv's are not wired for HD or wired properly. And you have to push and hold "EXIT" for 3 seconds to change the 1080i to the 480 output on the unit. This stays on the screen for 5-10 seconds if you don't do the reset. Then when the phone rings (we have caller ID turned on) the same message flashes across the screen.
    Is there any way to get rid of this useless information.

mike

I really don't know - haven't seen that before - but are you using a matrix, or a simple HDMI splitter?
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

I'm using all of the output jacks on the DVR. ie composite, s-video,component and HDMI at the same time. The HDMI goes direct to the Sony Tv. The composite output goes to a distribution amp/splitter. This setup was not a problem before the newest update.

Comment

The new update to the HD menus has been showing some bugs, and this may be one of them. I'd expect another update before too long, and you can always force the unit to check by rebooting, and entering:

0 2 4 6 8

from the remote at the first blue screen.
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
        X