Problem with Scientific Atlanta 8300 D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with Scientific Atlanta 8300 D

I have a Scientific Atlanta 8300 HD with a seagate 500 Gig external drive. I have had it for about a year. For the past few weeks when I turn the cable box on, the picture stutters for a few minutes (Live tv or recorded). Last night the cable box turned off. I turned it back on and it rebooted. It went int a loop several times , but eventually rebooted showing no recorded data.

Does anyone know if there is a way to save the data on the external drive. I am inclined to get a new box from the cable company before I proceed. Any ideas/suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Drfunmetal

The only way would be to play the content from the DVR onto a VCR or DVD recorder. The content on the drive cannot be accessed by a replacement cable box.

Comment

Lost data

Thanks for the reply. Sorry, I probably wasn't clear. When the system finally rebooted, the list show that there are no recorded programs on either drive. Is there any way to recover the programming which I suspect is still on the external drive, but seems to have disappeared.

Thanks,

Bob

Comment

I am not aware of any, I'm sorry.

Comment

Working...
        X