Legacy ports stopped working?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legacy ports stopped working?

I have a slimline dish that and a regular 3 LNB dish with 6 cables running into the house. I have 2 HD DirecTV DVRs and a Tivo.

I wanted to reduce the cables and use just 1 dish so I picked up a SWM-8 and PI. I had it all setup and working last night (setup below). This morning the Tivo was not working. The signal stregnths would go from 90 to 0 and back on 1 of the tuners, the other had 0 all the time.

I reused the cable (RJ-6) since I had 4 from this location.

Slimeline dish
    ~20' to SWM-8
    SWM port 1 with PI going to HDDVR 1 (~50' from SWM to PI and 3' from PI to DVR)
    SWM port 2 going to HDDVR 2 (I don't have a DTV splitter yet and had the cable run from the original install)
    Legacy 1 and 2 going to Tivo ~70' from SWM

What color is your SWM PI? Gray or black?

Comment

The PI is grey. The port that goes out to the SWM is the red one.

Comment

I powered everything off then back on in an orderly fashion and it worked for a couple of days. Then one of the legacy tuners started acting up. 85 -> 0 -> 85 -> 0 and so forth on the signal stregnth.

I reconnected the legacy tuners back to the second dish until I get a splitter and can put the terminator on to see if that helps things.

Comment

So no fluctuations at all on the second dish?
          Been here a long time . . .

Comment

No, it works great. Well, except it is on the other side of my house and is partially blocked by a tree that grew up after 10 years.

I am looking for a DirecTV splitter locally now, I am going to order one as well.

I am thinking of moving the SWM into my wire closet vs. outside where my grounding wires are. It is about a 65' run though.

Comment

OK - tell us what you find after the reconfiguration.

Just to be clear, you aren't splitting the legacy ports at all, right?
              Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
              X