Location of the PI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Location of the PI

Okay, I've been trying to make sure I'm understanding this correctly...here's what I've got. All of the dish cables come in to one central room in my house, and from there go out to each room. I would connect the SWM-8 to the 4 lines coming from the dish. I would connect any old receivers to the Legacy Ports (I'm guessing that the line from the SWM-8 to the legacy receiver could be connected to the existing line...or would it need to be the existing line itself?). I would then run a line off the SWM1/PWR output. My question is, can that line be run to the splitter first, or does it need to run straight to the PI? Can I run the line off the SWM1/PWR to a splitter first, connect to the existing cables, and then have the PI be in one of the rooms with a receiver? If I run a line off the SWM2, I do not need to have another PI, correct? I think I'm close to figuring out how I'm going to make this work, and order up what I need.

I really don't understand your existing line question, unless it's about using a coupler, which is fine.

Yes, you can have the PI down the line, after splitters, near a receiver. Just be sure that the path that contains the PI uses the red outputs on each splitter.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Thanks for the help.

Yes, I guess I'm just referring to a coupler since the existing line would not reach out the SWM-8 if I mount it outside by the dish. I would have to connect that line from the SWM-8 to the existing line running to the old receiver.

And, I would only need one PI, or would I need another one if I was using the SWM2 output?

Comment

Only one PI is used, even if you use the SWM1 and SWM2 outputs.

Comment

Working...
        X