No announcement yet.

SWM-8, PI and Splitter intall question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SWM-8, PI and Splitter intall question?

I currently have a 5 LNB dish, one HR20-700 and two HR22 receivers. I haven't installed either of the HR 22 receivers or the SWM/PI. My current setup has the multiswitch about 60 feet from my dish. According to the swm-8 installation, it should only be about 40 feet max. Do I need to shorten the distance to get a better signal?? The other question is: I have a central distribution box in my house that the cables go to from the current multiswitch then to the receivers. My guess is the distance from the multiswitch to the receivers is about 300-400 feet. If I run a single line from the SWM-8 port to the distribution box then put my PI and 4 way splitter on; will this give me a better signal since the splitter will only be about 150 feet from each receiver instead of 300-400 feet??? In other words, do I have to place the PI and splitter next to the multiswitch in my attick or will it work better in my distribution box with the splitter closer to my receivers??

Thanks for any help.

The PI does not have to be where the switch is. 300-400 feet is a long distance and you may have trouble without amplification, but you can certainly try. The 60' isn't a big deal, but the 300-400 could be an issue.

Comment

So if I try the current setup and it doesn't work, which amplifier should I use, and were does it go in the setup??

Thanks again.

Comment

We're working on sourcing SWM amplifiers, but so far we don't carry them. Best bet is to try this first, and if it doesn't work, come back and contact us.
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
        X