Single Feed, Dual Tuners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Single Feed, Dual Tuners

Although I think the SWM may address my situation, I have not been able to find any drawings which depict this. Here's what I have: Two HR21 DVRs. Each one is fed by a separate line directly from the Directv multiswitch built into the Slimline 5-sat dish. I want to feed the second tuner in each DVR without running any more cables from the dish. Can I use the SWM to split the single feed into two at the DVR, and connect to both tuners in each receiver? Obviously, I would need two SWMs. Please point to a hookup diagram where this is shown on your website, or somewhere that this is described as acceptable explicitly. Thanks

Yes, you can do this. You need only one SWM kit (SWM + power supply). See:

SWM wiring diagrams

Comment

The SWM doesn't really work that way. Rather, you'd put the SWM at the dish, with all four lines from the dish going into it, then you put one line to each DVR from the SWM, and it'll carry two signals to each DVR.
      Been here a long time . . .

Comment

So then, in my case I would place the SWM at the dish, the power inserter at one of the receivers indoors, and follow the wiring diagram below?
        http://www.swm8.com/2DVR-SWM12-0SPLIT.pdf

Comment

Yup - that's right.

Comment

I just placed an order for the SWM (Forest Hill, MD).

Comment

Great! That's shipping out today.

Comment

Working...
              X