new directv hd dvr customer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new directv hd dvr customer

I am late to this game but how do I find out what swm pieces I need? I currently have a hd dvr from directv with one line comming from the wall to it,I have 4 lines from the dish going into a Zinwell wb68 multiswitch then out to 7 rooms,all rooms except where the hd dvd is are standard dish boxes. So what do I need to get for my dvr to make it work like it has two lines into it with out making the other boxes go out?

You have 6 plain receivers and one HD DVR? If so, and IF the standard receivers are SWM compatible, then you can replace the WB67 with a swm and get 2 1x4 splitters and that should do it, assuming your runs are not overly long (150'+).

Comment

jeff

I have one hd dvr and all 6 other receivers are swm compatible except one. So all in all I have one hd dvr,5 normal swm compatible receivers and one normal non-swm compatible receiver. Isn't there a 1x8 spitter that would work instead of 2 1x4 splitter? What if my runs are over 150ft?

Comment

Originally posted by jstroup View Post
        jeff

I have one hd dvr and all 6 other receivers are swm compatible except one. So all in all I have one hd dvr,5 normal swm compatible receivers and one normal non-swm compatible receiver. Isn't there a 1x8 spitter that would work instead of 2 1x4 splitter? What if my runs are over 150ft?
        We recommend two 1x4s because you can have longer runs (200'+) vs shorter runs with the 1x8. The fewer splits you have, the longer the permissible runs.

Comment

jeff
          What about just putting a Diplexer in line with my dvr would that work to get my dvr to record one channel and watch another?

Comment

Nope. You can't diplex two similar signals. Diplexers only work with signals of different frequencies.
            Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
            X