SWM-8, PI, 2 DVR setup help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SWM-8, PI, 2 DVR setup help

So...I tried to set this all up yesterday and ended up getting the "Searching for signal in (error 771)" on both of my DVR's. This is how I set it up, please help if you can so I don't have to work with the morons that are the local installers and have failed to show up or even call at two consecutive appointments...

Anyways, I have a 5LNB dish on my roof and the 4 lines coming into my utility room (about 60'...I know 40' is supposed to be the limit but I have read here other people have extended this). Then it went into the SWM-8 and I had the SWM1/PWR port run into the next room and into the PI. I had the HR22 connected here to the PI. The second DVR (HR20-700) is coming off the SWM2 port on the SWM-8 and runs up to the second floor of my house. I had powered off and unplugged both units before making changes and then tried the HR20 first and after about 20 minutes waiting I went and tried the HR22 and both have the same issue.

Did I do something newbish or is this supposed to work?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Did you press the red button to reset each unit?
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Yes, I tried that too.

Comment

Do you get a light on the Power Inserter?

Is there any way you can try the setup, at least temporarily, with shorter runs from the dish to the SWM?
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Yes, I get the light on the PI, and I will have the local DTV people try to install the SWM near the dish Saturday....assuming they show up...

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X