signal with new swm-lnb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• signal with new swm-lnb

Just purchased a new SWM-lnb. Came with 4-way splitter and 8 way splitter. I only have one HR21 so not using splitter at moment. I ran coax from lnb to power inserter then out to receiver...now I can't seem to get any signal strength when I reboot. I know the cable is fine since I was using it for a older slimline lnb before I got this swm-lnb. Now here is where it gets even weirder. When I get the searching for signal message I go into menu and go to view signal strength...I get 85% and higher on some sats...yet the setup can't see the signal.

I have tried the red button reset over and over. I have also selected the
    SWM 5S (SWB) under satellite select. I'm stumped! Anyone with any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! I'm pulling my hair out here...I just want my TV back lol.

Oh , and should power light on power inserter stay on or flash?

The power light should be solid, as far as I know. Have you tried just pulling it and plugging it back in?

Why did you get the SWM LNB in the first place?
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

yes, I have tried unplugging then replugging back in. Trying to determine if this is a swm/lnb issue or a receiver issue.

I got the swm lnb as we just moved into new home and didn't want to have to drill another new hole through exterior wall to get second tuner working.

Comment

If you have the old LNB, you could swap it out and see what you get.

Are you sure the dish is aimed properly?

Comment

Plugged old lnb back in...signal levels all above 85% on all sats. yes dish aimed properly. So frustrating...

Comment

Are you using the B-Band converters? You need to remove those with the SWM signal.

Comment

B-Band converters removed
              Last edited by tvslave; 11-14-2008, 04:47 AM.

Comment

And, I take it, that did the trick?

Comment

no that did not do the trick.

Comment

update...okay got fed up. installed brand new HR21 receiver. Saw SWM rigth away. Called Directv customers service...technician completely baffled. Decided to just use original receiver as single tuner receiver downstairs. Connected to to splitter and fired it up....all of a sudeen it saw swm and now runs as a dual tuner as well. All fixed, but still baffled as to what happened.

Comment

Pretty strange. Somehow, in the conversion to SWM, some component got confused.

For the record, for anyone else out there: No B-Band converters should ever be used with a SWM!

Comment

Working...
                      X