SWM Signal Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SWM Signal Issues

I've used a SWM to feed 2ea HR-22's for the past 4 months with no issues. I've recently added a 3rd HR-22 and purchased a DirecTV approved SWM splitter, 1x8. When I hook all 3 of the DVR's into the splitter, I experience signal issues. For brief periods of time, each of the units will experience sat signal issues. When I reconnect just 2 units direct to the SWM, I experience no issues. Any thoughts?

Have you terminated the unused ports on the 1x8? Or, you should consider a 1x2 since you only need one more output.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Yes, I put 10 ohm (I believe this is correct term) metal caps on the unused outlets. Printed instructions say that you should not use the SWM2 outlet on the SWM but rather bring all outputs from the splitter. Your suggesting using a 1x2 which would require me to also use the SWM2. Assume this will work even though it is not according to the hookup instructions. Are you thinking that the 1x8 is degrading my signal?

Comment

Yes - that's it exactly. I haven't seen where the instructions say that, but I'll take a look at the issue, if you can point me.

Comment

Thanks for the help. I will give that a try this weekend. Went back through the SWM instructions and could not find where it said not to connect to the SWM2 when using splitter. Guess I was mistaken.

Comment

OK - if you find it, I'm still curious. There seems to still be a bunch of confusion out there about these SWMs, so we're eager to clear up any we can.

Comment

Working...
            X