Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SWM and Off Air Legacy port

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • mobandit
    replied
    Originally posted by roo232 View Post
    I just connected a SWM-8 today using the of air antenna port. I'm running a SWM-8 with an 8 way splitter. Three of the DVR's are working perfectly with both satellite and off air feeds. My only issue is the old HR-10 I think that is the model, Tivo type DVR. I have this connected to the legacy port of the SWM-8 with a direct wire to the HR-10. The satellite feed works fine, I get perfect signal. The problem is I can't seem to get the off air feed to work.
    Does anyone know if the built in diplexer works with the legacy ports on the SWM-8?
    Here is another question. On the three DVR's that do work with the off air feed, don't you think I should be able to record two satellite channels and watch an off air channel at the same time? Well I can't go figure.
    Legacy equipment connected to the legacy port will not receive the OTA signals. These signals are only diplexed to the SWM-capable equipment.

    Leave a comment:


  • WK-Jeff
    replied
    The off-air doesn't feed through the legacy ports. You have to diplex the antenna signal in separately.

    Leave a comment:


  • roo232
    started a topic SWM and Off Air Legacy port

    SWM and Off Air Legacy port

    I just connected a SWM-8 today using the of air antenna port. I'm running a SWM-8 with an 8 way splitter. Three of the DVR's are working perfectly with both satellite and off air feeds. My only issue is the old HR-10 I think that is the model, Tivo type DVR. I have this connected to the legacy port of the SWM-8 with a direct wire to the HR-10. The satellite feed works fine, I get perfect signal. The problem is I can't seem to get the off air feed to work.
    Does anyone know if the built in diplexer works with the legacy ports on the SWM-8?
    Here is another question. On the three DVR's that do work with the off air feed, don't you think I should be able to record two satellite channels and watch an off air channel at the same time? Well I can't go figure.
Working...
X