SWM-8 with two HD DVRs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SWM-8 with two HD DVRs

The wiring diagrams all note that when using the SWM-8 the SAT-2 connection on HD DVRs should not be connected. Is a single connection sufficient to support both tuners on an HD DVR? I have a slimline 5LNB dish, an HR22, an HR20 and an H20 receiver. Can I insert a SWM-8 at the dish and run a single line from the SWM-8 to the H20 receiver and feed the HR22 and HR20 from a single line with a single 1:2 duplexer - one line to each HR22 and HR20?

Please in the future post your questions once. Repeating them isn't really going to help get them answered any faster.

First, yes--only one line goes into a DVR and that feeds two tuners.

You will need a power supply for the SWM between the multiswitch and the receivers, and you will also need swm-approved splitters if you want to split one line into a DVR and an H20. Otherwise, what you want to do looks about right.

Comment

Thanks Jeff

Thanks for the quick reply. I posted the question in the DVR section then saw that it was more appropriate in the multi switch area. After reposting I couldn't see how to delete the first post. Thanks again!

JD

Comment

Success story!

Ordered the SWM8 and a 1x2 splitter from Weaknees last week. Installed the SWM8 at the dish and used existing cable runs for power and splitter connections. Powered up and did setup on each receiver / DVR in sequence (i.e., completed installation on each one before moving on to the next). Both A and B tuners on the HD DVRs work and "see" the dish / switch with a single connection to just the SAT A input on each. Happily recording one channel while viewing another! In my opinion, the SWM8 is virtually required for a 5LNB / Slim Dish / HD DVR installation.

It's great when it all works!

Comment

Yeah - it's an amazing product!
          Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
          X