SWM8 LNB or SWM Module?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SWM8 LNB or SWM Module?

Hi all, new to the forum, but not to the DSS world.

I've looked through many posts, but didn't see any topics related to my question. I've setup DTV at my girlfriends house using the 5LNB Slimline dish w/o SWM. I would like to either swap out the LNB with a 3LNB SWM or install a SWM module. Either way, I really only want one coax cable coming into her condo.

We live in Chicago and it can get pretty cold in the winter. I heard from a DTV installer that he had to swap out a lot of SWM LNB's this winter due to them freezing in the extreme cold. Not as in water freezing on the LNB, but the actually components not working in cold temperatures. Is this even true?

To me, installing the SWM LNB is ideal, but I am not opposed to installing the SWM module... which brings me to my next point. How do the modules work in cold temperatures?

Basically, with ever route I take, the equipment (LNB or module) will be installed outside with on coax going in. Which would be a better path for me to take? Also, I'm NOT worried about legacy receivers since she has SWM compatible receivers.

Thanks!

Yes, it is true. There are a lot of defective SWM LNBs out there. It is supposedly being fixed, but a 0 degrees, the defective parts stop working.

Comment

Originally posted by WK-Jeff View Post
      Yes, it is true. There are a lot of defective SWM LNBs out there. It is supposedly being fixed, but a 0 degrees, the defective parts stop working.
      So just with the LNB and not the SWM module?

Comment

Correct. The problem is with a defective part in the LNB only. The SWM8 multiswitch (which works with a non-SWM LNB), is not impacted.

Comment

Great, thank you!

Comment

Working...
          X