Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I split an incoming line before the swm?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I split an incoming line before the swm?

Sorry in advance if I am not explaining this well. Hopefully someone can help.

I have recently purchased directv. The condo I own was prewired for cable and has a box on the 4th floor from the street. The only place to put the dish was on the deck, on the 3rd floor. The installer wanted to run coax all the way down the stairs through the living room, through the dining room and out the back door. He then decided to run the coax into the living room, to an exsisting cable outlet and have that be the input to the house through a SWM in the main cable box upstairs. The problem with this is that the closest outlet was the one I was going to use for my main TV. So what he did was take the outlet from the den and run coax to the main tv. Is there anyway to split the line in before it goes upstairs, and before it goes to the swim and have it run directly to the main TV receiver?

will this work?

What if I put another swm before the outlet and ran one line to the upstairs swm, and one line directly to the reciever downstairs? would this work?

Comment

Do you have a SWM dish or a SWM multiswitch?

Comment

I don't know. I can check, but it only has the single line coming out of it, and it was installed about two weeks ago if that helps.

Comment

If the dish only has one line coming out, that's a SWM dish.

In that case, you can use splitters, but not another SWM module.
          Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Ok, I have a single wire LNB dish, that is going straight into the wall jack, up to the box where it feeds into a SWS8WB-P 8 way splitter. From there it goes to the other 4 wall jacks. Now, can I have the satellite go directly into a splitter or switch downstairs then out to a reciever and the wall jack which will feed into another splitter or switch upstairs that will feed into the remaining three recievers. The three upstairs recievers are not hd but the one downstairs is an hd dvr.

Comment

I'm a little confused. I think what you want should work, but please list the model number of the receivers and the quantity, and I can give you more accurate info.
              Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Ok, the one on the bottom floor where I am going directly from the first splitter / switch is hr22-100. The other three would be coming out of the second splitter / switch are d12-700.

Comment

That should be fine.

Comment

Working...
                  X