Power Inserter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power Inserter

Is there any way to check if the power inserter is working? All I get is "searching for signal". If I hook up directly to the receivers, it works.

Any other suggestions to trouble shoot my SWM8 is welcome.

Do you have a light on on the PI?

Have you changed the setting in your receiver to specify that you're using a SWM?
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Power Inserter.

I don't see a light, I don't know where a light would be. I assume it would be a power on light. The case is just a solid plastic cover.

The power inserter is a DirecTv PI28.

I have changed the settings. I've had the unit for several months and it worked fine. A recent storm took out my signal, or at least my SWM. I can hook up directly to the dish and get service; using a BBC and changing the setting back to multiswitch.

When I have it hooked up to the SWM, all I get is searching for signal. So, it's either the power inserter fried, the SWM multiswitch or both.

I'm trying to eliminate one or the other. I guess I can't rule out the receiver.

Comment

The PI-28 has a light that's visible inside the cooling vents. It's green and it's pretty obvious. You don't need to have the PI connected to the SWM for the light to be visible.

Sounds like a dead power supply to me.
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
        X