Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trouble recording 2 channels at once!

Hi,
    I just finished hooking my SWM8 up and cannot seem to record 2 channels at once or record one channel and watch another, defeating the purpose of the switch. I have a HR22 DVR hooked from the SAT 1 input on the receiver directly to the IRD port on the power inverter. From what I have read, I shouldn't have to connect another cable to the receiver. Is this correct? If needing more info let me know please. I greatly appreciate the help in advance!

That's totally right. Did you redo satellite setup on the receiver?
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

The only thing I have done was press the receivers red reset button and let it do its thing. Do I need to do further steps in the setup menu? If so, please advise how to do this. One other thought I had is my single wire coming out of the wall goes through a Monster surge protector. Does this pose any issues? Other than not being able to record 2 stations at once/watch one and record, everything seems to work fine. I really appreciate the help.

Comment

Yes - don't feed it through the Monster. That is likely limiting the frequencies transmitted.
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

I will bypass the surge protector. Do I still need to perform further setup other than pressing the receivers reset button?

Comment

If it doesn't work automatically, then you will want to go to the satellite setup and specify the SWM multiswitch.

Comment

Well, I have now bypassed the Monster surge protector, wired into the receiver directly from the wall and performed a receiver reset. Still not able to record 2 channels at once. I noticed on the back of the HR22 the SAT 1 is also labeled (SWM 2). Does this mean I need to be hooked to the SWM 2 port on the SWM-8 from the power inserter rather than SWM 1? At the current time, I am running from SWM1/PWR to the power inserter and then from inserter to receiver. Am I still doing something wrong? I have also tried recording a station and then attempted to watch another station at the same time, but cannot change stations without stopping the current record session. I hope I'm not making this too confusing. Just trying to get the details across. Again, thank you very much for all the help!
              Last edited by Zelgy1; 07-12-2009, 09:32 PM.

Comment

You do not and cannot connect to the Sat 2 port when using a SWM. I'd suggest you go through the satellite setup again and confirm that it is seeing the SWM, because if it is, you'll get two tuners automatically.

Comment

Maybe a bit of misunderstanding on this one! I do have the cable from the PI connected to the SAT 1 on the HR22. I noticed on that same port it is labeled (SWM 2). Does this mean I need to be hooked to the SWM2 on the SWM8 unit instead of the SWM1? I have verified the SWM8 is detected in the receiver setup and shows upper 80's and 90's for data. I just can't seem to record 2 different channels at the same time or watch one and record another. What can I look at to see if there are 2 tuners available? Thanks!

Comment

You do not have to use SWM2 on the SWM8. If you cycle through the satellites when viewing the satellite meters, do you see the SWM?

Comment

Yes, the SWM is detected and showing 80's and 90's.

Comment

If you are getting the SWM detected, then there is no reason why you should not have two tuners. I'd try powering everything down and then powering on the DVR--and no other receiver.

Comment

Thanks everyone for all the help! I figured it out! I needed to repeat the satellite setup and choose dual instead of single tuner. I assumed this was done automatically with a reset of the receiver. Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
                          X