SWM-8 on existing 5LNB dish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SWM-8 on existing 5LNB dish

I have an existing 5LNB slimline dish. There are 4 cables coming into the house and two go to one receiver and one to another (the other is not connected to anything). Am I correct that I cannot connect those lines to the SWM-8 and that I must connect directly to the lines from the LNB? Or can I simply connect the 4 incoming lines to the SWM-8 and connect one line from each receiver to the SWM. Both receiver are HR22's.

Thanks in advance.

You can connect those four lines to the SWM. Those really are the lines coming right from the LNBs, even if they've been patched through your house. So no problem, as long as you get all four from the dish.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

SWM and 5 LNB/Slimline - Legacy Issues

I have this 3-receiver DirecTv setup at my house - feeding my DVR, an H20 and an older H10. The HR21 DVR works great using the single coax etc., in my living room, but the legacy BR units have problems using the SWM legacy ports.

I can get them to pick up only by setting them up as a "3 LNB" profile in the H20/H10 receiver setups. So I have been using them like this for months now but of course I miss out on some of the newer HD bird channels on these legacy receivers. (BTW - signal strength is great and no blockage issue). Any help?

Comment

Well, that's right. The legacy ports support only the 3LNB signals. For the H10, that's as good as it gets - it can't read MPEG4 stations. For the H20, why not just use a SWM signal?
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
        X