SWM8 Warrantee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SWM8 Warrantee

I emailed weaKnees and inquired about the SWM8 warrantee past their 30-day return period.

The reply:

"There is no warranty from us, so you'd have to contact DIRECTV, the manufacturer, to get warranty information. Unfortunately, no warranty paperwork is included with the SWM. I think you should assume that there is no warranty."

Does anyone else have any experience with this question? Strange that there is no warranty on such a premium item. Thanks.

When it comes to DIRECTV, we always take the conservative approach...we don't like to over-promise, because DIRECTV's rules change and are often inconsistent.

The SWM8 is not a product that is available directly through DIRECTV to residential customers. Therefore, there is no official policy regarding replacement. If you have a bad part, you cannot simply call DIRECTV and get a replacement from them; they will likely want to send and installer who may or may not have a replacement on the truck. This is why you got the response you did from us.

We have a 30-day return policy and will exchange defective SWM parts for 90-days, but this is not a manufacturer's warranty. DIRECTV, the manufacturer, has not published or provided it's warranty on SWM parts.

Hope this helps clarify things for you. Keep in mind that DIRECTV's policies can change at any time, and if they ever start widely distributing SWM8s in residential areas, then things might change.

I would add one more thing: The SWM has been an extremely reliable product line for us. We have seen very, very few failures.

Comment

Thanks for the clarification.

Comment

Working...
      X