Some receivers work, some dont!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some receivers work, some dont!

Hello everyone! I'm having a problem and can't seem to find a solution thru the threads. I installed SWM yesterday. I have 1 - H20, and 3 D12 receivers (D12's are brand new). Install went fine, everything cranked up and worked perfectly.

I went to bed last night and the D12 in the bedroom wouldn't receive a signal after working perfectly earlier. Checked the D12 in the gameroom, no signal as well. The D12 in the family room works perfectly. The H20 works but I can't get about 8 HD channels.

All new cable was run using high quality compression connectors. I do have a 1X8 splitter and only using 4 ports at the moment (going to install more receivers soon). I don't have the unused ports capped, will that cause a problem? I have the AT-9 satellite and had to replace one of the lnb wires. I went out and replaced that wire again thinking the replacement wire was bad but it did not seem to make a difference. I have rebooted everything several times and checked all connections with no success.

Does any one have any suggestions?

Try each of the cables that are going into the SWM currently, into the H20 directly. See what you get. My guess is that one or more of those won't work properly. They should each be able to see all satellites.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Michael, thanks for the response. That LNB cable that went bad bugged me, so I went rooftop to check that out for the third time. After removing the cable from the piggy back LNB, I found the that connector on the LNB was loose, which told me that it was broken. I took the LNB off the satellite and took it apart to find this to be so. I believe the tech who initially installed the satellite overtightened the cable and probably did the damage and when I messed with it I finished it off.

Anyways, I soldered it back together and ran all new cable from the SWM to the PI-28 and from the PI-28 to the splitter. I then rebooted everything and everything is working great (for now).

Thanks again for the help, I may be posting here again soon!

Comment

Excellent - nice detective work, and it's great that you were able to solder it back on!
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
        X