H20 with SWM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H20 with SWM

Just read in another post that the H20 can be cranky if it was previously setup with non-SWM. I seem to have this problem. Installed SWM8 and have an HR22 and HR23 working fine. H20 tries to start; shows startup screen and then tv screen goes blank and the receiver proceeds to flash the resolution lights in alternating colors.

Have checked wiring. It is running solo on the SWM1 port. Others are on SWM2. Any suggestions on how to retrain the H20?

Have you tried reconnecting it to a non-SWM dish to see if that still works? It actually sounds like the receiver might be dead.

Had this unit been running recently? Early H20s needed software updates to be SWM compatible.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

H20 was working

Yes the H20 receiver was working fine right up until today when I made the switch to SWM8. It had the most recent software update as I recall. It's an H20-600, about 2 years old.

Comment

OK - have you tried swapping it back to a non SWM setup?

Are you sure the B Band converter has been removed?

Comment

H20

No BBC. Tried it at other outlets which work and no joy. Also, tried it on a legacy port. Removed the access card to ensure it was clean and the card had discolored to a light brown color on the inner half. Too much heat; too much time for an H20-600 I guess.

Just got off the phone with DTV and they are sending a replacement receiver and including an AM21 tuner.

Thank you for your help and consideration.

Comment

AM21 doesn't work with H21, as far as I know . . .

Comment

H21/Am21

I read on another forum that the last software release enabled AM21 capability for the H21 and up via the USB port. Will see I guess.

Comment

Well, I didn't know about it, but there does seem to be some info around about that, especially here:

http://forums.directv.com/pe/action/...ie=x#e10569843

Other posts suggest that to get H21 or H23 and AM21 working together you need a beta download to your HD receiver. I really don't know for sure.

Comment

Am21

Received H21 receiver on 9/5 to replace the defunct H20 unit. Finally received AM21 tuner today and it installed fine and is working well. SWM8 is working well with diplexed OTA.

Comment

OK - great. Thanks for the post!

Comment

Working...
                    X