X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SWM ODU/Diplex Cable Modem

Hello all,

I have a recent SWM ODU install with the following:
    • The single cable from the dish connects directly to the single cable coming into the house
    • *The single cable coming into the house connects to an 8-way splitter in my master bedroom closet
    • The power inserter is in the living room next to one of my DVRs

So, what I would like to do is diplex both the cable company's feed and the DirecTV feed to the single cable coming into the house and then diplex out anywhere inside the house downstream of the 8 way splitter.

What I am concerned about is the power inserter. Since the line to the dish is "hot", can I diplex in the cable company's feed upstream of the power inserter?

Or does the initial diplex have to happen downstream of the power inserter?

Make any sense?

Yup - they're different frequencies, so that should work without any problem.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Great news.

So I do not have to worry about the voltage on the line damaging the cable co's equipment?

Comment

We can't guarantee or indemnify here, but we've never heard of it being a problem. To be more certain, you can feed the cable in via the SWM OTA port, so it's beyond the reach of the power inserter.

Comment

Just wanted to post an update about the cable modem install for posterity :-)

The diplexers worked as hoped and no further coax runs/drilling through my walls were required.

Basically the TW tech diplexed outside the house and un-diplexed/de-diplexed? inside but before the SWM-8 splitter.

Sat signal and cable modem signal strengths seem to be good and it appears the diplexers do not pass power through on the CTV side (or if they do, it does not effect any of the cable equipment).

Thanks for the help.

Comment

Great - glad it's working well!

Comment

Working...
            X