SWM8/HR21-100/PI-28 no satellite signal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SWM8/HR21-100/PI-28 no satellite signal

Hi, I am trying to install the SWM-8 with a PI-28 power inserter into my existing Directv installation. I had a Zinwell 6x8 multiswitch that is still working if I plug it back in. I have one receiver (HR21-100) that is currently being used.

HR21-100 receiver - No BBand converters installed
    The 4 cables from Slimline-5 to SWM8 inputs are about 10 feet (all outdoors)
    The cable from SWM8 SWM-1 port to PI-28 SRW port is about 100 feet
    The cable from PI IRD port on power inserter is about 5 feet to receiver (both indoors).

After connecting the satellite cables to the SWM8 inputs, and the PI-28 into the SWM-1 and letting it sit for a minute, I connected the SAT-1 port on the receiver to the IRD port on the PI-28. I hit the reset button on the HR21-100 and let it reboot. It does not receive any satellite info and all signal strengths are zeroes.

I also changed the satellite setup to use a Slimline-5 dish with SWM and dual tuners. However, this setup can only be done after the receiver fails to receive satellite info. Whenever I reboot the HR21-100, it will default back to Slimline-5 with multiswitch and dual tuners satellite setup.

I even tried resetting the receiver completely via the menu command, resulting in loss of all my recordings just to see if I can do the satellite setup after a reboot instead of it defaulting to the multiswitch setup but no such luck.

Any help would be appreciated.

Are you getting a green light on the PI28?

Your run is pretty long, but it should work. Did it work OK with the 6x8?
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Yes, I get a green light inside the PI-28.

I can plug the 6x8 back and the receiver will receive satellite info in the 90+% range on the signal meters for all satellites.

Comment

You might have a bad destacker inside the HR21. Do you know anyone else with an HD DVR that you can use to test?

Comment

I can try and find another HD DVR to test my SWM8 setup and I will post the results once I do. Is there a way to replace the destacker inside my HR21 (if it is defective)? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by hbroadie View Post
            I can try and find another HD DVR to test my SWM8 setup and I will post the results once I do. Is there a way to replace the destacker inside my HR21 (if it is defective)? Thanks.
            Afraid not.

Comment

I tested with a brand new HR22-100 with the SWM8 and it is still not receiving any signal on any of the satellites. When I switch out the SWM8 with a multiswitch, both the HR21 and HR22 will receive signal.

Any other suggestions? Thanks.

Comment

When you go through the satellites, do you see SWM as one of the sats? If not, it isn't even detecting the SWM.

Comment

Success!! I hooked up the receiver, PI, and TV outside right underneath the satellite and tested to make sure everything was working. After I verified that worked, I moved everything into the attic to verify that the coaxial from the satellite into the attic was not too long for the SWM8.

Then I moved everything back to where I originally had everything. Turns out that the coaxial I used to plug into the IRD on the PI was not connected to the downstairs coaxial outlet I was plugging into the receiver.

Sorry for all the trouble and thanks for all the help!

Comment

OK - glad it was something concrete, in the end.
                    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
                    X