Planning to upgrade to SWM ODU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Planning to upgrade to SWM ODU

I have had DirecTV for 9 years. I'm still using the RCA receiver that I bought in a kit at Wal-Mart way back when.

So, I would like to upgrade my equipment but I don't want to sign a service contract and I don't want to be stuck paying lease fees on receivers that I have purchased.

I'm assuming the "free" install requires a 2 year contract. I am willing to purchase the equipment needed to avoid a contract and lease fees.

Thanks for you input!

Dave

The "free install" we have on our site is for new customers.

For existing customers, if you get HD equipment from us, DirecTV will generally come out and install it and upgrade your dish free, but will require a two year contract, and the equipment will be leased.

But even purchased equipment will require a two year contract once it's activated with DirecTV.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

I have seen listings for used receivers on ebay which indicate they have a "zero balance".

Would a used receiver like this require a two year contract also?

Also, can I just put the smart card from my current receiver into a new reciever and still have service?

Thanks,
      Dave

Comment

Generally, if you want to avoid a commitment, you'd have to call DIRECTV and ask them whether it is possible.

I'd be very careful buying units on eBay.

Comment

Working...
        X