• SWME2 expander 2 SWM8 units 5 DVR's

Howdy,

HR20-100 swm compat
    HR20-100 swm compat
    HR23-700 swm compat
    HR23-700 swm compat
    HR23-700 swm compat
    AT9 5 LNB dish 4 wires out

SWME2 expander unit with 2 SWM8 units with the expander 24v power unit. (Complete package from you)
    I have 1-4 splitter(from you) off one unit and straight out to the 5th dvr for the other unit. I do have another 1-4 splitter for future expansion if necessary.

If the power unit plug directly into the e2 expander, where would the splitter for 4 hang off? (maybe swm2 and use the cap on swm1?) since the swm2 is the one that doesn't have anything to do with the power. That would answer the 5 dvr unit going straight from the swm2 port with the swm1 port capped (terminated with the chained cap) The diagram does not explain this clearly. It almost looks like hang it onto whatever swm port you want.

2 short RG6 cables from E2 (by the power plug) to the legacy3 ports

From the various diagrams you have, some say use whatever swm port and cap the other. I just wanted to make sure...

You can use the 1x4s on either SWM1 or SWM2. But for the fifth DVR, you need to use SWM1 or SWM2 on the OTHER SWM.

Just remember, even with the E2, each SWM can still only handle eight tuners, or four DVRs.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
    X