SWM - Weak signal from Legacy Port

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SWM - Weak signal from Legacy Port

I have looked through the forum but have not seen this particular issue. I have an R15 receiver connected to the legacy port (other receivers use up the rest of the 8 available tuners). The signal strength I am receiving on this receiver is consistenthly poor - most transponders in the 70's when I run the signal strength test. Sometimes I can get a steady picture, but often I will get "pixelation" or sometimes just the message "Searching for Signal". This receiver is closer to the SWM switch than any of the other receivers - right on the other side of the wall. No problems with any of the "non legacy" receivers.

Help!!!

Thanks-
    John

Can you run a new cable to the unit? Have you tried the unit directly to the dish?
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Michael-

Im far from an expert at this stuff. When you say connect directly to the dish, right now there are 4 wires that go from the bottom of the SWM sitch to the dish (Sat 99, 101, etc.). How would I go about connecting the "legacy" receiver directly to the dish?

Thanks!
      John

Comment

Just unplug one of those four wires (at which point the SWM won't work reliably) and barrel-connect it to the receiver's cable.

Comment

OK, so I should disconnect one of the four cables going to the dish and barrel connect it to the cable that is currently connected to the legacy port on the SWM?

Thanks....

Comment

No - directly to the line leading to the receiver - the one that was connected to the legacy port. That way, you've got a direct line from the dish to the receiver, and you can verify that it works.

Comment

Working...
            X