question about swim job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question about swim job

I have a upgrade tommorro consisting of me installing one new hd/dvr and also intergrating the customers current 4 non swim dvrs an 2 non swim standard ird's. im pretty sure this isnt possible to get that many legacy ird's to work..am i right or wrong?

Do you have a standard 5lnb and a SWM multiswitch? If so, then you can connect a 6x8 to the legacy ports and get 8 legacy ports.

Comment

I thought that the legacy ports could not be split (?).

Comment

Right - not in the SWM sense of a splitter, but in the old-fashioned multiswitch way, you can, but you won't get any HD signals from the result.
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Would HD signals do you any good if you are running them into a legacy box anyway? My "old fashioned multiswitch" has two input cables. How many cables do you need from a legacy port, and where would you hook them up?
          Last edited by gbking; 11-17-2009, 01:19 PM.

Comment

You can use two, as long as you don't want signals from the 110 and 119 satellites to get to those units. So, for example, an HR10-250 would be able to get most locals (on the 101 satellite) but not any HD satellite channels.
            Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
            X