SWM for Condo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SWM for Condo?

I currently live in a Condo with an old dual LNB dish on the roof. There are 2 cables coming into each condo unit. Right now there's a multiswitch (I don't know the model) in the basement "meet-me-room". The old dish currently bring signals down to the room using 2 cables.

My unit doesn't have enough line of sight to get all 5 birds.

My question is whether I can replace the dish on the roof with a HD one and supply signal to multiple units using SWM. Probably not more than 5-6 units will want the service but they will all want to use a DVR to use 2 channels at the same time (record one and watch one or record 2 and watch a recording).

If this is possible, can you let me know what equipment I will need to obtain and approximate cost of installation?

Thanks in advanced.

The issue you face is the 2 lines from the roof down. Can you run 2 more lines down to the 'meet me room'?

If yes, then you can do all you want with a SWM system.

If now, then you still can, but you would have to have some location between the roof and the 'meet me room' where you can run 4 lines, which has access to power, and that we weather-proof. And with this setup, you'll be able to get a max of 16 tuners for the entire complex.

Comment

Originally posted by WK-Jeff View Post
      The issue you face is the 2 lines from the roof down. Can you run 2 more lines down to the 'meet me room'?

If yes, then you can do all you want with a SWM system.

If now, then you still can, but you would have to have some location between the roof and the 'meet me room' where you can run 4 lines, which has access to power, and that we weather-proof. And with this setup, you'll be able to get a max of 16 tuners for the entire complex.
      Sorry for the late reply and thanks for the info.
      I believe we could run more wires, but none of us are that skilled to fish extra wires down. Do you know of installers in the Seattle area who could perform this work? Just the installation piece, we'll still buy our gear from you guys.

Comment

Sorry, but no, we don't know of any local DirecTV installers in Seattle.
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
        X