Installation wiring question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installation wiring question

I have a Directv dish with a single wire out; I need to know what input to run it to on a Zinwell WB68. The drawing on the web site seems to show 4 inputs being used.
    I know this setup was working before it was disconnected as a single wire system.

*Note: the dish is an oval with HD and what looks like 3 sat receivers on the bar.

Are there unused connectors on the dish, where the one cable plugs in?
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

reconnect continued

I only have one cable from that dish that comes into the attic. This is the way it was when Directv had hooked it up before and it was working. The system was all done on a single wire.

Comment

J Goodkind,

Here is the deal... For your dish, You have either an SL5 LNB or and SL5S LNB...
        (Could also be SL3 or SL3S)

The SL5S or SL3S has only one wire coming into the main point of entry. This carries all 8 tuners on one coax and does not require the WB6x8 multi switch to break it out. You will need a power insert called PI-21 or PI-28. This powers the switch in the LNB and with out it you will get zero signal.
        coming out of the power inserter you will go to either a 4 or 8 way splitter. You hook your receivers up there and you are done.

If you have the SL5 or SL3 with 4 lines capable of running down from the dish you will have to run 4 coaxes down to the WB6x8 and then hook your receivers up to that.

Should be all set with this info. If you need further assistance let me know. Thanks and good luck!

My email is [email protected]

Comment

Working...
        X