SWM and OTA Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SWM and OTA Question

I just had Directv install system in my home. I had asked that it be configured to allow me to add OTA but technician said this was not possible. My system includes a SL5S dish, SWM 4-way spliter, SWM ODU only power supply and HR23-700 HD DVR receiver and H23 HD receiver. Can I just add diplexer at dish to insert OTA signal and then add diplexer before each receiver to split out OTA. I understand that both receivers do not have OTA tuners but my TVs do and I just want to get OTA into them without running additional cable. If I understand some of the other threds, this is what I need to do but just want to double check before I install.

Yes - you can diplex the OTA signal in exactly like that. You do need SWM-specific diplexers. We have them here:

http://www.weaknees.com/swm
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Will the DIRECTV-Approved Diplexer for SWM available at weaknees bi-directional so that I can use it to diplex the OTA and satellite signal together at the dish and diplex the signals apart at the receiver to run OTA to TV and satellite to HR23?

Comment

Yup - just reverse the installation at the other end, obviously. It's meant to both combine and split, depending upon how it's installed.
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
        X