Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gonna Buy a SWM8 - Do I Have This Right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gonna Buy a SWM8 - Do I Have This Right?

Sorry for what is probably the same question asked already, but I am having trouble with how a HD DVR (HR22-100) works with only a single coax cable. Hopefully I have this set up right...

Moving to a new house. All of the coax drops to a single point in the basement. If I understand correctly, the optimal setup is as follows...

1. Satellite dish coax into SWM8. I am thinking that the SWM8 sits outside so I only have to get a single line from the SWM8 to the Power Inserter.
    2. PI is installed at the coax hub in the basement.
    3. The IRD is connected to a SWM Splitter (1x8).
    5. I connect the five exisiting inhouse coax cable lines to the SWM Splitter.

So far so good. My question is, to the room where my DVR is, I have only one cable but I want both tuners working. Can I get this to work right with only one cable? A SWM Spliter (1x2) right in front of the DVR? Something else? Or is this not possible and I still need to run another cable?

Thanks in advance!

You've got it right - no splitter needed. The DVR pulls two signals from the one line, as is. In fact, if you split the cable at the DVR and connect it to both ports, you'll cause problems.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
    X