Possible SWM Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible SWM Issue

About 15 months ago I purchased a SWM package SWM8, Power Supply and splitter to use in conjunction with my DirecTv 5 LNB dish. It has worked great until roughly 3 weeks ago. At that time we started to get messages saying the guide hadn't updated for several hours or one of my two receivers would not get a signal. We had DirecTV out and they replaced the LNB. According to the tech that unit had been causing problems by freezing up in cold/wet weather. For a few days it seemed to help but then everything started up again. For a few days the system would seem to reset itself if I unplugged the power supply, waited a few minutes and then plugged it in again. At other times we would loose the signal to both receivers and then the system would "find itself" again. Now for about 3 days we have nothing.

Is there something wrong with the SWM8 that is out on my pole with the dish or possibly the power supply?

It's possible it's the power supply - or even a cable or a splitter.

For starters, the power supply is indoors, right?

Are there any non-SWM splitters in the mix? How many receivers?
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

The SWM 8 is outdoors but the power supply is in the basement where the single line from the SWM comes into the house.

The only splitter is the SWM splitter supplied with the SWM by Weeknees. It isn't the problem. I have tried attaching the cable lead to just one receiver directly to the power supply and it has not made any difference.

There are two receivers involved, R22-100 and HR22-100.

Comment

Are you having the same problems, and are you getting the same errors, with both receivers?

Comment

Yes. Initially we may have lost the signal on only one receiver but as things progressed they either both worked or didn't. Now neither one receives a signal.

Comment

You might try bypassing the SWM and seeing if the problem goes away.

Comment

Working...
            X