SWM8 - upgrade - CCTV injection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SWM8 - upgrade - CCTV injection

I've been forced into a SWM upgrade to enable viewing my Security Camera via diplexers. Due to my number of receivers I'm using a SWM-E2 and dual SWM-8's with the appropriate E2 power supply. I have two SWS-8 8-way wide band splitters and the non used ports are all terminated. I've added the modulated CCTV split and feed into the off air port on each SWM-8.

At the receiver end I've removed all the B-Band Converters and added the DirecTV approved wideband diplexers that feed the (off-air/ CCTV) into the TV tuner and the SAT side into the DirecTV receiver. I reset the satellite setup to use the Slimline3 - SWM settings.

When viewing the TV input I see my camera just fine.
    When viewing the HDMI(DirecTV) I'm missing the even transponders on the setup screen.

I've checked and rechecked all my connections and everything is connected according to DirecTV's approved methods. Has anyone else experienced this before? Thanks.[/U]

You could certainly try powering down the E2 and all receivers, and then powering up the E2, and then the receivers one-by-one.

But if you're having this problem everywhere you might have misaligned dish or a bad LNB on the dish.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

When I put my Zinwell WB616 and bband converters back. I get all my transponders back. On other boards I've heard to check my cable runs but one person mentioned a bad SWM-E2 could be the 18Volt which carries the even transponders is bad in the E2. I've ordered a replacement but I was hoping for a way to verify before I just replace all the brand new equipment. Thanks

Comment

Do you have a PI-29 that you can use for testing? If so, you could try one SWM alone.

Even if you don't have a PI-29, you could still remove one SWM from the equation and use the E2 and see if the situation changes.
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

I don't have the SWM-8 power inserter but I've been told I could still use the power lead from the E-2 and plug the LNB feeds into the SWM-8 and test that way. yes I have tried just using one of the SWM-8's and also swapping positions with the E-2 just to see if half was bad with the same result. I appreciate your feed back and thanks for all your suggestions. I'm just having trouble getting good feed back from others that have tried a similar setup. It seems most people don't have to use the SWM-E2 for their upgrades due to fewer receivers.

Comment

Originally posted by NexusOne View Post
            I don't have the SWM-8 power inserter but I've been told I could still use the power lead from the E-2 and plug the LNB feeds into the SWM-8 and test that way. yes I have tried just using one of the SWM-8's and also swapping positions with the E-2 just to see if half was bad with the same result. I appreciate your feed back and thanks for all your suggestions. I'm just having trouble getting good feed back from others that have tried a similar setup. It seems most people don't have to use the SWM-E2 for their upgrades due to fewer receivers.
            If you have the right E2 power supply, you should not be able to use the E2 power directly into the SWM...completely different connectors.

Comment

Working...
            X