No voltage to the dish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No voltage to the dish

I've been struggling with a SWM-E2 Expander for some days now. Every time I hook it up with my SMWM8s I am missing channels. Both swm8 devices work fine separately.
    I finally checked the voltage output on each E2 port to the Satellite dish to make sure they're appropriate and I get less than 1 volt while the SWM8 devices all show 18V or 13V where appropriate.
    I just got a replacement E2 in today and it's doing the same thing. Does anyone have any advice or possible fixes?

You have the E2 output power connected to each of the SWM8 legacy 3 ports, as the instructions show?

Comment

Yes. I've followed the diagrams exactly. To test the SWM8 modules, I've hooked them straight to the satellite, but the power still comes through the E2. I've managed to get both SWM8 modules working together by using a 6x8 multiswitch between them and the satellite, but this is just a bandaide fix until I can get this E2 working.

Comment

Originally posted by pdlove View Post
        To test the SWM8 modules, I've hooked them straight to the satellite, but the power still comes through the E2.
        When you do this, does it work?

When you use the 6x8, are you using the E2 to power the SWMs?

Comment

Yes, I'm still powering the SWM8s through the E2 and both SWM8s work directly to the dish, again powered by the E2.

Comment

So the problem is when you remove the 6x8 and plug the 2 SWMs into the E2 directly? But no power supply change takes place?

Are you using different coax cables in one set up or another? Could you have a problem with one of them?

Are you sure you were sent the right power supply for the E2? Did this come from us? It isn't a problem we have ever heard of with our equipment.

Comment

Working...
            X