swm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• swm

I have a dual tuner dvr in the main room but can only use one tuner because of having 1 cable running to it from the dish. I also receive all my locals have a hd receiver in the bedroom with a b band converter in the bed room to get hd and all my local channels with 1 cable running to the dish
    Right now I have 1 each coax run to the dish

I do have swm and would like to link these up with 1 coax/cable coming from dish. and still keep all my locals and hd in both rooms I have a swm 4 way splitter 2.2150 mhz model split 4z and the swm power supply
    My dish hd slimline and the lnb pickis up all sats and has 4or 5 outputs Need help for right way to set this up with out running another line to the main room

Thanks in advance
    Jim
    Last edited by jgreg; 02-27-2010, 04:06 PM. Reason: needed more info

Is the DVR SWM compatible? If so, just run one wire to each, and remove the B-Band converter.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Originally posted by WK-Michael View Post
      Is the DVR SWM compatible? If so, just run one wire to each, and remove the B-Band converter.
      Yes It is
      One wire each from where?
      Dumb question but I just do not know
      thanks in advance Jim

Comment

From the splitter.

Comment

swm

Originally posted by jgreg View Post
          I have a dual tuner dvr in the main room but can only use one tuner because of having 1 cable running to it from the dish. I also receive all my locals have a hd receiver in the bedroom with a b band converter in the bed room to get hd and all my local channels with 1 cable running to the dish
          Right now I have 1 each coax run to the dish

I do have swm and would like to link these up with 1 coax/cable coming from dish. and still keep all my locals and hd in both rooms I have a swm 4 way splitter 2.2150 mhz model split 4z and the swm power supply
          My dish hd slimline and the lnb pickis up all sats and has 4or 5 outputs Need help for right way to set this up with out running another line to the main room

Thanks in advance
          Jim

i think i see that we may be miss communicating here ...

first thing ... how do you receive your locals....dish ... or ant...

you say that you have swm ... but are you using a swm lnb or regular lnb... (do you have 1 single wire coming from the dish ... or several)

also ... if you are getting locals on ant .... do you have a separate cable or are you diplexing it in

Comment

Working...
          X