Need input on swm condo job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need input on swm condo job

I have a condo building that has 12 units in the building. Each unit has 3 cable drops in it's own seperate utility closet inside the unit.
    We need to be able to install 1 kaku swm5 dish for the whole building. What type of switch setup would be needed to bring 1 line from dish to 12 diffrent utility closets where we will need to place a 4/8 way power splitter to feed the unit.? Thanx in advance.
    Last edited by avsinc; 04-21-2010, 10:35 AM.

Originally posted by avsinc View Post
    I have a condo building that has 12 units in the building. Each unit has 3 cable drops in it's own seperate utility closet inside the unit.
    We need to be able to install 1 kaku swm5 dish for the whole building. What type of switch setup would be needed to bring 1 line from dish to 12 diffrent utility closets where we will need to place a 4/8 way power splitter to feed the unit.? Thanx in advance.

does each closet have 1 in & 3 out ....if so ... you will need a 4 way splitter in that closet ....

tell us more about the location of dish & location of all wiring ... do you have 12 apt wires terminate in another room.... what are the wire lengths

Comment

Originally posted by avsinc View Post
      another thing ... is the whole building doing dtv... did you take inventory on this....

Comment

This install isn't a problem at all with SWM equipment--it just needs to be designed properly. If you need specific assistance, post your details here or contact us and we can help you with the design and purchase of the equipment.

Comment

The building will have 1 dish on a pole with wiring going to a box on the side of the building. from there each of the 12 units will have 1 line each going to it's own closet located within the unit and 3 lines going out of the closet to the tv locations. I know im going to need a switch of some type in the box outside that will allow me to connect the 12 individual lines going to each closet and then be able to place a powered spliter in each closet to connect the lines going to the reciever locations. I really need to know what kind of switch will allow me 12 outputs on a single line to each unit that we be able to put a splitter in each closet without causing any issues. Thanx in advance for all your help.

Comment

Right--you need a SWM multiswitch system. Each SWM handles 8 tuners, so you need to determine how many tuners you expect to need in the 12 units total. If each unit has 3 DVRs, that's 6 tuners x 12 = 72 tuners. Divide that by 8 (8 tuners per SWM) and you get 9 SWMs.

If you want to allow each unit a max of, say 4 tuners, that's 48 tuners and 6 SWMs.

We have chassis that hold 2, 4 and 6 SWMs, and you can use multiple chassis, and multiple SWMs, from one dish.

For more information:

http://www.weaknees.com/swm
            http://www.swm8.com

Comment

Working...
            X