Swm Lnb ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swm Lnb ?

I am looking into upgrading to SWM, but have a few questions. I have a Slimline 5 LNB dish with 3 cable runs coming from the dish into the residence. The dish was installed in Feb 2008. At this time, I have 2 HR20-100s, one with 2 of the cables connected and 1 with only 1 cable.

Question is all of the diagrams that I see regarding the cable from the LNB to the SWM have 4 wires, can only 3 wires be ran like my run from the Dish to the SWM8?

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by bpamatot; 04-22-2010, 08:08 AM.

Originally posted by bpamatot View Post
    I am looking into upgrading to SWM, but have a few questions. I have a Slimline 5 LNB dish with 3 cable runs coming from the dish into the . The dish was installed in Feb 2008. At this time, I have 2 HR20-100s, one with 2 of the cables connected and 1 with only 1 cable.

Question is all of the diagrams that I see regarding the cable from the LNB to the SWM have 4 wires, can only 3 wires be ran from the LNB to the SWM?

Thanks in advance
    you are probably looking at the swm 8 switch ...

all you need to do is get a swm lnb & run a single cable from it to a 2 way swm splitter & then connect your single lines to it for each recvr ... each line will carry the channels you need to power the 2 tuners in you recvrs...
    Last edited by ebmsjml; 04-22-2010, 07:29 PM.

Comment

If you want to use a SWM8, you need four cables from the dish going into it.

You can put the SWM8 outside and then use just one of the three cables going inside to get all of the data in, and to get the power back out to the switch; it all travels on the one cable. Then you'd need a 1x2 splitter inside and one cable from that splitter to each DVR. Then you'll be able to record two shows at once one each DVR.
      Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
      X