Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• swm diagram help with only 1 coax used for 2 TV

Hi all,
    I was wondering if anyone can solve my dilemma. I need to use one coax for input/output. Basically I have one line input from the dish going upstairs and I would like to use the same line to output a coax signal to my TV downstairs. Is this possible?

My current setup is:
    Dish – (1x4)splitter – power inverter – receiver –tv

Goal: Show same channel on 2 TV using 1 receiver and line.

Would like Video1 out from Receiver to VCR, then VCR Coax out (using the same coax coming into the power inverter) toTV in another room.
    I can’t run another line :/

Thanks

Originally posted by ponso View Post
    Hi all,
    I was wondering if anyone can solve my dilemma. I need to use one coax for input/output. Basically I have one line input from the dish going upstairs and I would like to use the same line to output a coax signal to my TV downstairs. Is this possible?

My current setup is:

Would like Video1 out from Receiver to VCR, then VCR Coax out (using the same coax coming into the power inverter) toTV in another room.

Thanks

need more info ....were is your tv 2 coax terminated at .... were is your tv 1 coax terminated at ...how far is tv1 from tv 2... by the term (video 1 ) do you mean (video) as in a/v on the recvr or do you mean a picture with sound...by (same coax coming from power inverter )were is power inverter & were is splitter

Comment

Hi all,

My current setup is:

Thanks

also ... i was told that you might be able to diplex a swm signal ... i have not tried it before.... wk michael might know more on that by now ...

Comment

this setup is not working

this is my original thought of the setup, but it is not working. Hope this clarifies things.

Maybe my Duplexer is bad?

I suck at explanation...
        Attached Files

Comment

this is my original thought of the setup, but it is not working. Hope this clarifies things.

Maybe my Duplexer is bad?

I suck at explanation...
          no need for the splitter ... but not really hurting ...

did you check at the vcr that you have a signal to send ... ...the vcr has to be set to input mode of your video in also .... but you need to verfy that you have a signal to play on the tv2

Comment

so I found out my splitter connection was bad after retracing the line. For those who want to see how I used the Diplexor on one cable, you can check out the diagram of my hook up.
            Attached Files

Comment

so I found out my splitter connection was bad after retracing the line. For those who want to see how I used the Diplexor on one cable, you can check out the diagram of my hook up.

did you use a swm compatible connector ...or just a regular one ...

is it working now ...

Comment

It's always critical in SWM installations that you use SWM splitters and a SWM diplexer. The SWM has a communication signal path at about 2mhz that most conventional splitters/diplexers will not pass.

Comment

Working...
                X