Wall Plates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wall Plates

While browsing the SWM forums I've noticed that the quality of the install is very important for a SWM setup. Things like coax length and connector type play a huge part in signal loss. My question is about wall plates. I want to know if using wall plates would be a bad idea. I want to keep things as clean as possible behind my TV's. I plan on wiring the whole house from scratch. All brand new high quality coax and connectors.

Should be fine, as long as they're up to RG6 spec.

Of course, one direct cable is always better than two segments broken up with a coupler, which is basically what a wallplate it, but it shouldn't add too much loss.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Originally posted by blacksheepvictor View Post
      While browsing the SWM forums I've noticed that the quality of the install is very important for a SWM setup. Things like coax length and connector type play a huge part in signal loss. My question is about wall plates. I want to know if using wall plates would be a bad idea. I want to keep things as clean as possible behind my TV's. I plan on wiring the whole house from scratch. All brand new high quality coax and connectors.

be sure that the wallplate is the 2 or 3g (blue) insert type

Comment

Thats great to hear, thanks for the speedy response. Can you give me some more information on the "2 or 3g (blue) insert type". While your at it, do you have any recommendations where to buy good wall plates, coax and connectors?

Comment

Originally posted by blacksheepvictor View Post
          Thats great to hear, thanks for the speedy response. Can you give me some more information on the "2 or 3g (blue) insert type". While your at it, do you have any recommendations where to buy good wall plates, coax and connectors?
          the connector on the wall plate need to be for satellite frequencys.... usually high frequency 2 to 3 ghz... the center core insulator is blue in color... as local ... a good electronis parts house should have it ... home depot has a compression tool for the connectors they sell ... they also have rg6 ... im not sure of the quality... im not sure about the sat freq wall plates ... but you might be able to get the regular wall plates & replace the connector... they might sell the connectors separatley... radio shack might also have what you need...

you can just take the connector out of the wall plate & feed the wire thru it & put your connector on it ...eliminating the connection altogether...
          Last edited by ebmsjml; 05-01-2010, 02:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X