Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Splitter Question

Hello,

My plan right now is to buy a SWM8 and a 1x4 splitter. I have three HR23 DVRs.

In the future I want to get two more SWM compatible nonDVR receivers.

So, should I just get the 1x8 splitter now to save me from having to buy it later? If I do, what do I do with the unused ports.

Finally, would using a 1x8 with unused ports contribute to more signal loss than a 1x4 with no unused ports.

Thanks.

You will have more signal loss with a 1x8. The SWM8 has two outputs, so you could power 5 receivers with a SWM8 and a 1x4.

Comment

Wow speedy reply on a Sunday. Thanks.

So get the 1x4 and then power the other receiver off of the SWM8s other output? Can I use the two SWM out puts however I want as long as I don't go over 8 tuners?

Comment

Originally posted by blacksheepvictor View Post
        Wow speedy reply on a Sunday. Thanks.

So get the 1x4 and then power the other receiver off of the SWM8s other output? Can I use the two SWM out puts however I want as long as I don't go over 8 tuners?

thats it ... but you must use swm compitable recvrs...

Comment

Hello again.

I already ordered all of my SWM equipment. While researching RG6 coax I came across a site www.sadoun.com that sells Perfect Version RG6 coax. It says it's DirecTv approved. In fact it's currently the coax used on my mother in-laws DTV setup. Here are the specs:

18AWG Solid Copper Center Conduction
          Dual Shielded
          60% bare Aluminum braid,
          100% aluminum foil shield
          PVC jacket & Foamed Polyethylene
          Sweep tested 3GHz.
          UL Approved Std.
          SBCA Compliant
          75Ohm coax cable for installation of cable television, antenna, satellite and video systems.
          Foam polyethylene dielectric and PVC jacket.

So I ordered it. Then I came across a web forum were a guy bought some quad shielded Belden RG6. Specs:

Applications: HDTV, DBS, Broadband CATV, Cable Modem
          Duobond® IV foil shield ( Duobond II + 60% aluminum braid + Duofoil tape + 40% aluminum braid.
          18 awg solid bare copper center conductor , the best choice for baseband thru broadband applications
          Sweep tested 5MHZ to 3GHz
          NEC CATV CM

From what I can tell they are the same except the Belden is quad shielded. Me being the over-do'er/ over-kill'er I am, is worried that I should have bought the belden.

Is the Perfect Vision good enough? I do plan on using wall plates which will add to possible signal loss. Also The longest run will be approx 50' and thats just the OTA. The DVR drops will be under 40'.

Thanks.

Comment

If it's DIRECTV approved, it's likely to be fine.

Comment

Working...
            X