SWM Configuration Check

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SWM Configuration Check

I have been reading the messages on this forum and the SWM wiring examples so I am pretty sure I got this right, but I was wondering if someone could look at my proposed DirecTV configuration.

I currently have cable with TiVo Series3 boxes, but want to switch to DirecTV for the additional HD channels and to not have to mess with CableCards anymore. I will be a brand new customer with brand new equipment so I don't know what model #'s that is, but I assume everything will be compatible with SWM splitters. I plan on having 2 HD DVRs, 1 regular DVR and 1 regular box initially. I will eventually add more equipment as specified in the drawing.

For aesthetic reasons, I want my satellite dish to be on the roof of my garage, which is a detached building. There are 4 RG-6 cables buried between the garage and the wiring closet in my house. All of my TV locations have a single RG-6 cable and are also wired for Ethernet (including the garage locations).

Will the proposed solution work? Is this something that the DirecTV installation guy will be able to do?

-rydad
    Attached Files

This looks right. If you go with DIRECTV, you are not guaranteed to get new equipment or even HR24/H24 receivers. The installation is pretty straightforward, but you might have to 'help' the installer if s/he is unfamiliar with a SWM8.

With your setup, you will only use one of the 4 cables from garage to house, so maybe you should just get a SWM dish?

Anyway, if you want our help getting you set up as a new DIRECTV subscriber and ensuring that you get new (and correct) equipment, let us know. weaKnees is an authorized DIRECTV Dealer.

Comment

Thanks for replying. Sorry for my late acknowledgment. I will definetly keep Weakness in mind before placing an order.

Comment

Working...
      X