SWM8 with dual lnb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SWM8 with dual lnb

I have been reading a lot but have not found the answer to this yet. We have just moved from our home to into our 5th wheel temporarily. At our home we had 2 cables coming from our 18" round dish with dual lnb, going into our R16-300 DVR receiver.

In our RV I can only have one cable coming in from outside. If I purchase a SWM8 multiswitch will it work with my 18" round dish and dual lnb. Don't want to buy new dish as we also travel with our satellite and the larger dish will not be convenient.

Thanks,

Sure, it'll work fine with the dish, but your R16 isn't SWM compatible, so you'd need a newer DVR.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Originally posted by WK-Michael View Post
      Sure, it'll work fine with the dish, but your R16 isn't SWM compatible, so you'd need a newer DVR.

i saw a doc that said that the r16 is swm compat

Comment

Sorry! My mistake. The R16 is - the R15 isn't!

Comment

Thanks very much for the info. I have ordered SWM8 and can't wait to get my satellite back.

Comment

I also have a round 2 lnb dish. The swm8 shows 4 dish inputs with different voltages. Since there are only 2 outputs from dish which 2 inputs on swm8 should be used? Also how many dvrs can be connected?

Comment

Yes - that will work, but obviously you won't get any HD. It'll still support 8 tuners, or four DVRs, as long as they're SWM-compatible.

Comment

Thanks for the info. But still need to know which 2 inputs to use on the swm8

Comment

I'm pretty sure that dish would have tuned in the 101 and 119 satellites. To be sure, check in the setup of your receiver. It should list which satellites it sees.

Comment

I now have SWM8 and connect both leads from lnb to the 101 connections (checked and that is the only satellite we are getting). But when I go from SWM then connect into Sat input into my RV. After that my problem is the RV has a distribution centre to send signals to front and rear tvs. Will SWM work with distribution centre and if so where to I configure it in? I have tried satellite into SWM power and then to IRD and then into distribution centre, does not work. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks,

Comment

Originally posted by bren View Post
                      I now have SWM8 and connect both leads from lnb to the 101 connections (checked and that is the only satellite we are getting). But when I go from SWM then connect into Sat input into my RV. After that my problem is the RV has a distribution centre to send signals to front and rear tvs. Will SWM work with distribution centre and if so where to I configure it in? I have tried satellite into SWM power and then to IRD and then into distribution centre, does not work. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks,
                      your distribution center is not for a sat ant input ... it usually is for a sat recvr output ... usually rf ...like a channel 3 output from a vcr type ... tell us more info so we might understand better

Comment

Usually my satellite input comes into the RV and I connect directly to my receiver (right now I have one RG6 from dish coming into the RV via the satellite input on RV and the other coming in from dish through a window with both going into the Sat 1 and Sat 2 on receiver). From there I have to use the TV Out to go to the distribution centre, which then sends signals to TV.

When I connect the lnb cables to the SWM and then bring only one cable into the RV via the satellite input that's where I get confused. I am not sure where I need connect to the Power for the SWM and how I make my connections from there.

Comment

Originally posted by bren View Post
                          Usually my satellite input comes into the RV and I connect directly to my receiver (right now I have one RG6 from dish coming into the RV via the satellite input on RV and the other coming in from dish through a window with both going into the Sat 1 and Sat 2 on receiver). From there I have to use the TV Out to go to the distribution centre, which then sends signals to TV.

When I connect the lnb cables to the SWM and then bring only one cable into the RV via the satellite input that's where I get confused. I am not sure where I need connect to the Power for the SWM and how I make my connections from there.
                          ok on the power inserter you have 2 connections ... swm goes to the dish(which is the connection coming from the outside from dish & ird goes to the recvr

so this inserter goes inbetween the regular connection you had before ...where the outside connection connected right to the recvr

Comment

Working...
                          X