Fully loaded SWM 16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fully loaded SWM 16

Silly question. I have looked everywhere and cannot find a diagram with a fully loaded SWM 16. I know the 16 means inputs. DVR's has 2 and everything else has 1. My question is what if you have 8 SWM HD-DVR's hooked up. Thats 8x2 inputs each=16...now.... what if I have 2 Legacy basic receivers....?
    Can you have 16 SWM inputs full AND add on 1-4 legacy receivers??

Originally posted by starzel1 View Post
    Silly question. I have looked everywhere and cannot find a diagram with a fully loaded SWM 16. I know the 16 means inputs. DVR's has 2 and everything else has 1. My question is what if you have 8 SWM HD-DVR's hooked up. Thats 8x2 inputs each=16...now.... what if I have 2 Legacy basic receivers....?
    Can you have 16 SWM inputs full AND add on 1-4 legacy receivers??
    i have never done it ... but i dont see why not ...the swm is separate from the legacy & should work fine ...the legacy will only pick up sat a,b, & c which are 101, 119, & 110
    Last edited by ebmsjml; 01-02-2011, 09:03 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Sure - you can do that, but you just need to be aware that you have to separate out the DVRs so that no more than 8 tuners end up on each SWM port. You can't put all 16 on SWM1, for example.
      Been here a long time . . .

Comment

a swm16 can handle 16 swm tuners and 16 legacy tuners if your wire the legacy ports correctly. if youre going to install 8 hd dvrs for swm make sure you use 2 8 way splitters with ONLY four lines going to to each splitter, especially if youre going to have mrv working as well. p29 has to be independently ran.

legacy can see the 99, 101, 103, 110, 119 and 95, that is, if youre on the west coast. in order to wire for 16 legacy tuners you need two 6x8s with pwer passing splitters or one 6x16 if you can find one.

Comment

Actually, I'd recommend 2 1x4 splitters - why allow the extra ports?

As far as the legacy ports, they don't see the 99 and 103 satellites. The 103 carries most of the MPEG4 HD channels.
          Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
          X