Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SL3 SWM long distance install help

Hello,
    I have some what of an odd setup and am looking for some help please. I have an SL3 SWiM LNB dish mounted on the garage because there is no clear line of site on the house. I have 2 lines (about 140 linear feet each)of RG6 QS coax running through conduit underground between the house and the garage. Inside the house I have a 21v P.I and an SWS8 splitter. I have three HD DVRs that i need to operate off of this setup. The two DVRs in the house (about 30' from the SWS8) both work fine. The DVR in the garage (again, about 140 linear feet away) will not get a SAT signal. I assume because the total distance round trip from the SWM LNB to the last DVR is almost 300 linear feet. Is there an easier way to make this work without installing another dish? Can I split the one cable coming from the SWM LNB at the garage to feed the DVR out there or do i need it to come all the way to the house and interface with the P.I and the SWS8? I am attaching a rude example JPG of my setup to try and give a more clear example of what I have. Thank you for any help you can offer.

Jimmie.
    Attached Files

Originally posted by Gable74 View Post
    Hello,
    I have some what of an odd setup and am looking for some help please. I have an SL3 SWiM LNB dish mounted on the garage because there is no clear line of site on the house. I have 2 lines (about 140 linear feet each)of RG6 QS coax running through conduit underground between the house and the garage. Inside the house I have a 21v P.I and an SWS8 splitter. I have three HD DVRs that i need to operate off of this setup. The two DVRs in the house (about 30' from the SWS8) both work fine. The DVR in the garage (again, about 140 linear feet away) will not get a SAT signal. I assume because the total distance round trip from the SWM LNB to the last DVR is almost 300 linear feet. Is there an easier way to make this work without installing another dish? Can I split the one cable coming from the SWM LNB at the garage to feed the DVR out there or do i need it to come all the way to the house and interface with the P.I and the SWS8? I am attaching a rude example JPG of my setup to try and give a more clear example of what I have. Thank you for any help you can offer.

Jimmie.
    it should work thw way you have it ....

but to lessen the run ... use a 2way swm splitter in the garage ...

use the power pass to the house & put the pi there... another 2 way in the house...

Comment

Thanks,
      Even not using the SWS8 at all and coming directly out of the P.I. to the garage receiver would not get a signal either. I did continuity and voltage tests through the line so I know there are no breaks. I am going to try the 2 way splitter in the garage and the 4 way in the house and see if I have any luck. Thanks for the input.

Jimmie

EDIT****
      Forgot to ask if DECA is still going to work in this configuration? With the 2way splitter in the garage.
      Last edited by Gable74; 01-30-2011, 07:02 AM.

Comment

We definitely have SWM amplifiers that can help here, but you might backtrack with the receiver at each connection point until you get a signal.

If the SWM signal gets through, DECA should be fine also.
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Which one of these would work best? And is that amplifier in the right place?

Comment

The first option is better, because the power is much closer to the dish. If you have signal issues, then you can add an inline amp to the 150' run.

Comment

Working...
            X