SWM8 with 2 dishes setup question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SWM8 with 2 dishes setup question

I have 2 dishes Slimline with 5 LNBs and WorldDirect with 3 feeds for international channels... My understanding is that the 4 ports taken by Slimline dish, WorldDirect one goes to Flex port.... What do I do with another 2 feeds?

There are three "flex" ports on a SWM8, so those would be for your WorldDirect feeds in your situation.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Thank you for help

Comment

Originally posted by WK-Michael View Post
        There are three "flex" ports on a SWM8, so those would be for your WorldDirect feeds in your situation.
        you are not thinking ... you have 3 legacy ports on the swm 8 & 2 flex ports....i think on the world dish you have maybe 2 ports out for the 101 & one out for the 95 ... since the hd dish has the 101 on it you dont need the 101 from the world dish ... all you need to do is put the single 95 out to the flex port one .......... the world dish was made to be a standalone dish for internasionals using the 101 for all the other dtv programming before all the hd stuff came out ...

i think i got that right ....

Comment

The SWM8 has two flex ports (used for additional dishes) and 3 legacy ports (used for older-model, non-SWM receivers).

There are a max of 3 dishes that would be used in any situation...the standard slimline, which has 4 outputs, the international dish (95) and in some cases, a dish for the 72.5 orbital (for locals in some markets).

In your situation, you'd use the 4 from the slimline and 1 from the international dish into the flex port. Ignore anything but the 95.

Comment

Yes, this is right there are only 2 flex ports... I put 95 in to Flex 1

Comment

Working...
            X