Splitters and DECA Questions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Splitters and DECA Questions?

I have an HR21 and an HR24 and want to connect them for MRV... Right now I have a 5LNB slimline dish and it has 3 coax lines feeding my 2 DVRs (2 into the HR24 and 1 into the HR21)... As far as I now there are no splitters and or switches anywhere in the system... There are definitely none inside the house so if there has to be one, it must be on the roof?? My HR24 is also connected to my cable modem but the HR21 is not...

My first question is what do I need to add the second line in to my HR21?? Will a common splitter work or will it need to be a specific type?

The next question is how do I link the HR21 and HR24 for MRV?? I have looked at the reference material on Weaknees and other places but no one diagrams my simple setup and the systems they do show makes it look extremely complicated... My guess is that it is probably simpler than it seems but without some details or a diagram of this exact layout I have little chance of getting it right... Anyone got a breakdown or diagram for dummies like me??

You don't need two lines to the HR21.

One way to get MRV is to get a SWM8 and use the system with DECA.

But another option would be to just hook up the HR21 to the same ethernet network that the HR24 is attached to.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Hi, I recently changed over to a SL5S LNB with a SWS8WB splitter. I have one line to an HR24 and another to a H24.

1. Do I need to do anything else to be able to utilize both tuners on the HR24, as it does not seem to be functional at the moment

2. What is necessary to be able to have MRV? Do both receivers need to be connected to Ethernet network? Does DirecTV have activate MRV?

Thanks for any help!

Comment

Originally posted by WK-Michael View Post
        But another option would be to just hook up the HR21 to the same ethernet network that the HR24 is attached to.

So if I connect my HR21 to the same router as my HR24 they be able to share programs from one to the other?? Will I need any filters or extra equipment??

Comment

Originally posted by Rayvyn View Post
          So if I connect my HR21 to the same router as my HR24 they be able to share programs from one to the other?? Will I need any filters or extra equipment??
          Yes - right through the network. You shouldn't need any additional equipment, just the $3/month fee with DirecTV.

Comment

Originally posted by willjt1 View Post
            Hi, I recently changed over to a SL5S LNB with a SWS8WB splitter. I have one line to an HR24 and another to a H24.

1. Do I need to do anything else to be able to utilize both tuners on the HR24, as it does not seem to be functional at the moment

2. What is necessary to be able to have MRV? Do both receivers need to be connected to Ethernet network? Does DirecTV have activate MRV?

Thanks for any help!
            1 - You might need to redo setup and tell it to use both tuners now.

2 - Just the $3/month fee with DirecTV.

Comment

1 - You might need to redo setup and tell it to use both tuners now.

2 - Just the $3/month fee with DirecTV.

Where will the 2nd tuner source come from if I am just hooking up a network cable?? Can it use the Network for the 2nd source??

Comment

The SWM sends both signals through the same coax wire.

Comment

The SWM sends both signals through the same coax wire.
                  I don't believe I have a SWM... The 3 wires from the dish feed into my 2 tuners directly (2 into 1, 1 into the other) and I am not aware of anything in between...

Comment

Thank you!...the HR24 is now working in dual mode.

As for MRV, all I need is DirecTV activation? No ethernet network connection required?

Comment

You will need a DECA on your HR21 to do MRV with the HR24. See:

http://www.weaknees.com/mrv/directv-...figuration.php

and

http://www.weaknees.com/deca

Comment

Just to confirm... I hooked it up via network cables and it worked like a charm... DTV tried to give me $149.00 worth of help but I declined... Thanks a million or at the very least - 149...

Comment

Great! Glad to hear it.

Comment

Working...
                          X