No channels below 101, help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No channels below 101, help!

We set up our swm-8 then connected to a 1x8 splitter and then to the power inserter. We hooked up our two dual tuner DVDs and hd reciever but we are unable to get any channels lower than 101 and no locals on any reciever. We arent getting any signal on 103. What can we do?
    Last edited by rspear; 09-11-2011, 08:55 AM.

Sounds like you might not have all four cables from your dish hooked to your SWM8.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

All four cables are hooked up. My husband got back up on the roof today and checked that.

Comment

Be sure you are NOT using B-Band converters and you should only have one line running to each DVR.

Comment

We only have one line each and there aren't any BBC's. D-tv is coming on the 25th but I was hoping we wouldn't have to wait that long.

Comment

Well, they'll figure it out, but my guess is you have a bad cable or connector in there somewhere. It's possible you have a bad LNB, but a cable or connector is much more likely the culprit.

Comment

OK... thanks for the tips. I cut off all connectors, reterminated using compression fittings, and reconnected. Moved power inserted to another line and made sure it ran through the correct ports on 1x8 splitter. Same result. I'm at a loss. Everything worked fine prior to the swm8 installation. I don't believe I have a bad Lnb but I have also checked, rechecked, and redone my connections. I'm thinking I may have a bum Swm8 or power inserter. I get error code 41 "swm network channel error detected". No channels below 101 and no receiver is downloading guide data.

Comment

Well, FWIW, we've never really seen a bad SWM. We've seen bad power inserters, but it's been an all or nothing situation, not a partial like yours.

Please tell us what DTV finds.

Comment

DirecTV came and they replaced the LNB's and had to repoint the dish. I am still confused as to why our dish was perfectly fine before we hooked up the SWM but not after the hook up. I am so happy to have my TV back though so i will not lose too much sleep over it. Thank you guys for your help!

Comment

Wind? Falling tree branch?

Comment

Working...
                    X