Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Help, long and complicated

Hello friends

I have a rather complicated installation for two homes a little distant, I just want it work, so please help me. I just wish the 101 grade standard ch, so no HD or locals.
    I have a 2.4 mt dish a SWM, a dual lnb, two line amps, 2 DVR HR23 and a legacy receiver.
    I have the dish in House # 1 , olso a DVR and the SWM with PI (distance between dish and swm is 60 ft). In the House # 2, i have another DVR and the legacy rsv. Distance between houses is 1000 feet.
    I Place a line amp at 500 ft RG6 cable in both line. Currently, House # 2 DRV works fine directly connected to the LNB with two lines, but if I put the swm and using legacy ports, its becomes erratic.

any comments?

Questions:

a. Can i use the SWM config, using only 101 and legacy lnb (I have the splitter kit).

b. If only I use legacy, how I can add the standard receiver in the house # 2, since I have only two lines that way.

Thanks

Yes - the SWM will work with that equipment - you just need the legacy LNB on a legacy port, obviously.

Since you're only using the 101, if you have two lines going to the other house, you could just use a 3x4 multiswitch.

As far as the 500 foot issue - that's generally too long. We recommend an amp every 200 feet, max.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Thanks a lot Michael

I think that the erratic behavior was a temperature cause (SWM very warm), this afternoon i pullet out of the gabinet and its working well for a few hours.

I will to use a 6X8 WB zinwell, but i dont want signal drop, because is my important issues. I want to know if i can to use the splitter of SWM tecnology for DVR (one cable) and another for the legacy both in house #2

If i could to use more than to line ampl whit out affect signal it soun good, ill try.

best regards

Comment

You cannot use a splitter on a receiver connected to a 6x8 multiswitch.

Comment

yes i know

Originally posted by WK-Jeff View Post
          You cannot use a splitter on a receiver connected to a 6x8 multiswitch.
          i am not using a 6X8 yet, i using a swm multiswitch but with a legacy dual lnb, and round dish config in house #2 DVR menu. Could i use a splitter with this config, to connect the line for the dVR and the other line in legacy port for legacy recever of the same house.

use the splitter instead 6X8 for DVR and legacy port for legacy rsv.

Thanks
          Last edited by asayan037; 10-29-2011, 06:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X