Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Presently have 2 DVR's

One HR 22-100 & one HR 23-700
    According to weak knees configuration I need Two Direct Tv Deca Adapters to have the two recognize each other.My goal is to have one playlist & one to do list .I also have a H 20 Hd receiver that I don't care if it gets the dvr features in that room.So I guess my question is if I install these decas at my dvrs will that be enough or do I need to get Direct Tv involved. Also I didn't mention but I do have the green label swm & multiswitch already installed by Direct Tv.Thanks for any feedback.

You have to sign up for the whole home DVR service through DIRECTV, in addition to getting DECAs. Also, you won't be able to use the H20 as part of the whole home system; it isn't compatible.

Comment

So can I buy the decas install them then call Direct TV & pay them $3 a month?
      They want $195 to install.Also do I need to put a blocker in line to keep using my H20 as is ?

On another topic what router would you recommend with the least amount of problems if I were to take advantage of the internet option for MRV?
      Last edited by collettemrk; 12-27-2011, 02:51 PM.

Comment

Yes, you can get the DECAs and the bandstop filter (for your h20), install them yourself, and sign up for the service for $3/mo.

There really is no magic to the router; Linksys/Cisco makes good routers. Others swear by Netgear, etc. etc.

Comment

Do I install the decas & the stop band right at the receivers?

Comment

Yes - at each DVR.
            Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Thanks Mike & Jeff
              Last edited by collettemrk; 12-31-2011, 07:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X