SWM 16 problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SWM 16 problems

Just installed a new SWM 16. The dish (slimeline 5lnb)is about 150ft from the house where the SWM is installed. All wires are connected properly in the SWM and the PI is about 30 feet from the SWM.

The problem is when I go to set up the 4 receivers (got SWM 16 for future receivers) I get no signal on satelite 110 and only even transponders on 101. I have set up the receiver for SWM and removed the b-band boxes. I'm sure other transponders are missing because I get a searching for sat. Signal on alot of channels.

To trouble shoot i by-passed the SWM and tested each wire from LNB directly to receiver and all satellites and transponders are working. Any suggestions? Is the SWM to far from dish?

We generally recommend having the SWM no more than 40 feet from the dish. Can you move it closer?
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Yes I can try to move it closer to the dish

Comment

Tell us what you get.

Comment

I moved it to within 10 feet of dish. Then ran out of SWM to the splitter which is about 150 feet from SWM. Tested it and couldn't get a signal on any of the satellites.

Comment

And you still have the power supply in place?

Comment

I ran an extension cord to the PI and ran a short cable from it to the SWM. Didn't want to run a long cable since I was still trouble shooting.

Comment

Are you sure it's getting power? Can you just try a light in that outlet?

Comment

Working...
                X